WELCOME TO OBESITY AUSTRALIA
2013 OBESITY AUSTRALIA SUMMIT PRESS RELEASES
GPs have key role in obesity fight (218 KB)
Obesity - Call it a disease (274 KB)
The mission of Obesity Australia is to drive change in the public perceptions of obesity, its prevention and its treatment. We will do this by:
- Providing leadership and independent advice to inform sound policy
- Building recognition of the personal, social and economic effects of obesity
- Changing entrenched attitudes
- Independently evaluating what works and what doesn't work in the Australian context
- Showcasing the best science on how and why obesity occurs so it provides a base for effective community response and government funding
We will highlight current knowledge of obesity, drawing on a wealth of scientific and medical knowledge, based on research reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Council, experts in their field around Australia & New Zealand.
On Thursday 11 April 2013, Obesity Australia launched a five-point Action Agenda for the Federal Government to immediately address the country's obesity epidemic.