WELCOME TO OBESITY AUSTRALIA
NO TIME TO WEIGHT
Obesity: A National Epidemic and its Impact on Australia
On Thursday 27th March 2014 Obesity Australia launched its report "Obesity: A National Epidemic and its Impact on Australia" at a Parliamentary Breakfast in Canberra. The aim of the report is to increase awareness about obesity, and drive debate among Parliamentarians and policy-makers.
No Time To Weight Report (1161 KB)
The mission of Obesity Australia is to drive change in the public perceptions of obesity, its prevention and its treatment. We will do this by:
- Providing leadership and independent advice to inform sound policy
- Building recognition of the personal, social and economic effects of obesity
- Changing entrenched attitudes
- Independently evaluating what works and what doesn't work in the Australian context
- Showcasing the best science on how and why obesity occurs so it provides a base for effective community response and government funding
We will highlight current knowledge of obesity, drawing on a wealth of scientific and medical knowledge, based on research reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Council, experts in their field around Australia & New Zealand.
On Thursday 11 April 2013, Obesity Australia launched a five-point Action Agenda for the Federal Government to immediately address the country's obesity epidemic.