WELCOME TO OBESITY AUSTRALIA
The mission of Obesity Australia is to drive change in the public perceptions of obesity, its prevention and its treatment. We will do this by:
- Providing leadership and independent advice to inform sound policy
- Building recognition of the personal, social and economic effects of obesity
- Changing entrenched attitudes
- Independently evaluating what works and what doesn't work in the Australian context
- Showcasing the best science on how and why obesity occurs so it provides a base for effective community response and government funding
We will highlight current knowledge of obesity, drawing on a wealth of scientific and medical knowledge, based on research reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Council, experts in their field around Australia & New Zealand.
SAVE THE DATE!
3rd Annual Obesity Australia Summit - Obesity: A Costly Disease
Obesity Australia are glad to announce the dates for the 3rd Annual Obesity Australia Summit - Obesity: A Costly Disease. The 3rd Annual Obesity Australia Summit will be held on 19–20 November 2014 at the Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney.
This year's Summit will begin with a Plenary session at 4pm on the afternoon of Wednesday 19 November and conclude on the evening of Thursday 20 November. The Plenary session will will feature this year's keynote speaker, Prof John Cawley from Cornell University, speaking on the topic "Economic Causes, Consequences, and Approaches to Prevention, of Obesity".
Make sure you save the date in your diaries. More details to folow soon.