The mission of Obesity Australia is to drive change in the public perceptions of obesity, its prevention and its treatment. We will do this by:
- Providing leadership and independent advice to inform sound policy
- Building recognition of the personal, social and economic effects of obesity
- Changing entrenched attitudes
- Independently evaluating what works and what doesn't work in the Australian context
- Showcasing the best science on how and why obesity occurs so it provides a base for effective community response and government funding
We will highlight current knowledge of obesity, drawing on a wealth of scientific and medical knowledge, based on research reviewed by our Scientific Advisory Council, experts in their field around Australia & New Zealand.
Obesity Australia is served by a Board who have demonstrated leadership in their field – public affairs, politics, health, public policy.
OBESITY IN THE NEWS
These articles are a representation of the media coverage regarding obesity and related issues. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Obesity Australia Ltd, our Partners, Donors, or Supporters.
02-May-2016 - Sydney Morning Herald
04-Apr-2016 - MJA Insight
Public health prevention policy in Australia, particularly regarding obesity and alcohol, is ‘flapping in the wind’ according to experts..
Australia needs a win in obesity marathon
Media release from Obesity Australia and the Obesity Summit in Canberra November 29, 2013.
Click on an icon below to connect with us on social media: